The Department of Technology (DTI) Systems Engineering Division (SED) is responsible for providing incomparable administrative and technical support that ensure a high-state of readiness and availability of all mission critical servers supporting six multi-level security Active Directory networks encompassing over 49 servers and up to 600 desktop systems.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Providing the technical expertise, automation support and knowledge necessary to insure that all exercise and conference objectives are met or exceeded.
- Evaluating, designing, prototyping and implementing "Proof of Concept" systems which include Hyper-V and Citrix virtualization as well as evaluating new emerging technologies that will enhance the organizations effectiveness
- Responding rapidly to any anticipated or actual hardware malfunction, and implementing contingency plans to insure the continuity of operations
- Information Security that protect the organization's valuable resources such as information, hardware, software; enforcement of all organizational and DOD security policies and procedures which include network accreditations, monitoring and scanning of all networks for security, IAVA and AV compliance
- Development of unique and specialized scripts, programs, system images, and virtualized systems in support of extremely critical and ongoing mission requirements